1. Who controls all the affairs of the nations?
It is the Sovereign God, who is both the Creator and Preserver of all things.
2. Where do we learn that God controls all things, including all the affairs of the nations?
It is written in His Word, the Bible.
3. How do we know that His counsel shall stand in all things?
By the assurance in His Word that He is working out all things for the good of His people.
4. Is there a good reason to believe that the plans of political leaders will ultimately succeed?
No. God has always had the final word even over the most powerful political leaders who have ever lived.
5. Where is the anchor of our souls in the present political affairs?
It is that God will be ultimately vindicated as holy, all-wise, powerful and good in the preserving and governing all things according to the counsel of His will.
6. What is the purpose of God in creating and governing all things as He does?
That He would be glorified by all His creatures, and His goodness known by His people.
7. How do we conduct ourselves as Christians in light of the prevailing circumstances?
We should be found faithfully trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ, depending on His merit, and living for His glory and the good of His people, patiently waiting and hastening the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.
*****Prepared by the author *****