1. MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT SUBMISSION CLARIFIED
— is not a concept for women but all believers (Eph. 5:21; Phil. 2:3-4; 1Pet.5:5; Rom. 13:1; Heb. 13:17)
_ doesn't mean that the wife is inferior or a slave. Compare God's ideal wife in Proverbs 31:10-31
_doesn't mean that the wife never opens her mouth, never has an opinion, never gives advice (Pro. 31:26; Acts 18:26; Judges 13:21-23)
_ does not mean she loses her identity, talents and abilities or gifts. Her capacities are enhanced to the service of God in bringing her family. (See Pro. 31; 1 Tim. 3:15)
_ doesn't mean that she is the inferior partner in the marriage. Gen. 2:24 (1+1=1)
2. WHAT'S SUBMISSION? (POSITIVELY)
1) The Bible teaches that it is the responsiblity of the Wife to make herself submissive (not the husband to enforce it). (Eph. 5:22; 1Pet. 3:1)
2) The submission is continuous lifestyle
3) Submission is mandatory not optional
4) Submission is a spiritual matter. It is to be done as to the Lord because it's what He's commanded.
5) Submission is performed in the power of the Holy Spirit (Eph.1:1-5:21; 1:1-3:6)
6) Submission is a positive, not negative concept, emphasizing what she's to do not what she's not to do.
7) Submission involves the wife's attitudes as well as her actions (Pro. 31:13: Eph 5:33)
8) Submission is extensive. She's to submit in EVERYTHING! Just as the church submits to CHRIST (Eph 5:24; 1:22)
To your question:
An honest examination of Biblical data leads to the conclusion that the WIFE'S PRIMARY MINISTRY IN LIFE US HER HUSBAND. She's his suitable helper (Gen. 2:18-22). Without the woman, man, even in his perfect condition (before the Fall), was incomplete.
God created the woman to correspond or compliment (1Cor. 11:11)
God created the wife to fulfill the needs, the lacks, the inadequacies of her husband. She's to do him good and not evil (Pro. 31:12) as a fruitful vine in her home (Psa. 128:3). So she's " one flesh" with him. Thus she faithfully fulfills her God-given role in marriage. This means:
Making the home a safe place
Being trustworthy and dependable
Maintaining a good attitude.
Discussing things lovingly, openly, and honestly.
Being satisfied with her role in marriage.
Being patient, forgiving, and forbearing.
Showing an interest in his problems and concerns.
Being industrious, frugal, diligent, ambitious, and a creative team member.
Offering suggestions, advice, corrections when needed lovingly.
Keeping herself beautiful, especially in the inner person.
Maintaining a good spiritual life.
Cooperating with him in raising up the children.
Building loyalty to him in the children.
Being grateful to him.
Showing confidence in his decisions.